Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 1995 03:57:30 -0800
From:      Mike Branch <mbranch@swordfish.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.0 release

hi,
  I have a 486 EISA/SCSI system that has ran 1.1-FreeBSD flawlessly.  The

2.0 release kernel runs fine.  I configured a kernel, based on the GENERIC
kernel (I added a ed1 card, pas16, and busmouse) and got the following
errors:

  kernel: vnode_pager_input I/O read error
        : pager input (probably hardware) error
        : PID ___ failure
  kernel: illegal request

  then later (3 minutes)
     panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

the filesystem is toast.  What happened?  Should I give up on 2.0?  I've
tried a few times now...I must have built a bizillion 1.1 kernels with little
or no difficulty.  Bummer.

thanks,

Mike