Date:      01 Oct 2002 18:39:49 +0000
From:      John-David Childs <noreply@nterprise.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there anything like Linux Virtual Server Project for FreeBSD

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org

Clustering solution for Linux.

I've been searching for the same thing (clustering for *BSD), and so far
have only come up with a smattering of mostly dead links.  It seems that
with the demise of BSDi, serious commercial (driver) support for BSD is
dead (notwithstanding Apple, which considering it's (formerly)
proprietary stance probably also won't gain the critical mass necessary
to propel development beyond the "hacker" stage).  But I leave that rant
to freebsd-advocacy.

On the positive side, the "HighAvailability" page on the
linuxvirtualserver.org site mentions "The mon+heartbeat+fake+coda
solution", all of which ARE available for *BSD.
--

John-David Childs (JC612)		Enterprise Internet Solutions
Systems Administration			http://www.nterprise.net