Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:18:00 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        "Douglas A. Maske" <maske@maske.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <charlie@infoworks.net>, <lebel@lebel.org>, <jonas.bulow@servicefactory.se>
Subject:   Re: IBM Thinkpad T20 ISSUE!!!!

At 10:39 AM -0600 12/5/00, Douglas A. Maske wrote:
>Hello,
>	A number of people have had problems with not being
>able to access their FreeBSD partition after they install on
>a Thinkpad T20.  Well way back when FreeBSD registered
>partition type 165 all was good until recently.  IBM decided
>to make 165 standby mode by bios default on some laptops.  I
>dont' know of a work around right now but I thought I would
>inform people why this happens.  I am currently using OpenBSD
>but miss FreeBSD on my mobile.

There have been many discussion threads on this, although I have
not been following them all.  Apparently the most detailed threads
are going on in the freebsd-mobile mailing list.

Note that the information you have is not complete.  There ARE
people running freebsd on a T20 in some circumstances.  So it
is something more than just the partition id being 165.