Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 20:18:12 -0700
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@iijlab.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/misc/magicpoint Makefile

On Mon, Sep 07, 1998 at 11:18:35AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh wrote:

> >>You need to _unconditionally_ compress the manpage.
> >	alright... it's too complex... (even for the author of portlint)
>
> 	I noticed that USE_IMAKE implies MANCOMPRESS, only if operating
> 	system is FreeBSD.  Don't I need to care about OpenBSD case?

Hmm...

There is no (simple) way to test this from your Makefile.

Try setting

MANCOMPRESSED=no
post-configure:
	@${ECHO} "COMPRESSMANCMD=${TRUE}" >> ${WRKSRC}/Makefile

But make sure you hit all the appropriate Makefiles.

Once/if bsd.port.mk is split into two ports, you can test MANCOMPRESSED,
and that is probably nicer.

It's technically possible to hack INSTALL_MAN to take into account
a case like this, but that is really just a little bit too clever...
[OTOH, it sure is fascinating to think about...  ;-]

--
Me.  Who'd you think sent this?