Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 1997 15:24:53 -0600
From:      Dave Glowacki <dglo@SSEC.WISC.EDU>
To:        Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Cc:        Eugeny Kuzakov <Eugeny.Kuzakov@lab321.ru>, Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.1 on 2.2.5

Zoltan Sebestyen wrote:
> I had same problem with JDK1.1/FBSD2.2.2 and solved it. It was a long
> time ago and I haven't use JDK for a long time so I don't have a clear
> memory what was exactly the solution. I think I had to remove some
> 'font-properties' or 'properties' file because it caused that problem.

After reading your email, I remembered seeing that as well.  Thanks for
the hint!

I hate to remove anything, so I just moved the files to a subdirectory, so
the Java apps can't find them.  After this sequence of commands, my Java
applications started working:

	cd <javadirectory>/lib
	mkdir fontprops
	mv font.properties* fontprops