Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:13:09 -0500
From:      Andrew Lankford <lankfordandrew@charter.net>
To:        x11@freebsd.org, lwindschuh@googlemail.com,  Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg 7.4 freezes when not moving the mouse

I had a similar problem with the mouse seemingly locking up the web
server, apparently after updating hal.  I finally took the keyboard and
mouse configs  out of xorg.conf all together, and that works fine.
Haven't had to meddle with hald 's config files if there are any, but my
mouse config data is in rc.conf:

moused_nondefault_enable="YES" # Treat non-default mice as enabled unless
             # specifically overriden in rc.conf(5).
moused_enable="YES" # Run the mouse daemon.
moused_type="auto"  # See man page for rc.conf(5) for available settings.
moused_port="/dev/psm0" # Set to your mouse port.
moused_flags="-3" # Any additional flags to moused.
mousechar_start="NO"  # if 0xd0-0xd3 default range is occupied in your
      # language code table, specify alternative range
      # start like mousechar_start=3, see vidcontrol(1)