Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:21:05 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
Subject:   Re: Loss of ed(4) in a RC1 booted in qemu

Le Thursday 13 October 2005 15:38, Joshua Coombs a écrit :
> Welp, while I have no real help, I can point out this was reported by
> another user on the stable list, QEMU + RC1 == no ed

well, I should have looked there before posting here ;-) (sorry for the
excellent Michel talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr : I should have seeen your post)

> I'm kinda dreading upgrading my 386... I'll pull down the generic
> kernel and do a test boot to see if it's a QEMU thing or a reguression
> in RC1

for me, it's definitely a qemu thing : I have two other machines upgraded to
6.0 post-RC1, and both are working *fine* ; moreover one is a notebook with a
pcmcia ed(4), and this NIC works perfectly (the issue is therefore seen only
on qemu)

	TfH