Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:45:51 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@nojunk.com>
To:        "David Daugherty" <davidd@cc.wwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup

On 1/11/00, 10:26:03 PM, "David Daugherty" <davidd@cc.wwu.edu> wrote
regarding cvsup:

> I can't seem to get cvs to run the way I want. Right now when I run
cvs it
> creates large files in /usr/sup/xxx where the file names are
> checkouts.cvs:RELENG_3. Cvs does not fetch any of the binaries that I
can
> tell. When I look in my /usr/ports/xxx all I have is one README.html
for
> each directory. What am I missing from my supfile in order to get the
more
> recent 3.4 kernel?

> My supfile looks like:
> *default host=3Dcvsup7.freebsd.org
> *default base=3D/usr
> *default prefix=3D/usr
> *default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_3
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> src-all
> src-crypto
> src-secure
> ports-all

> Thanks.

> David
> davidd@cc.wwu.edu
> Washington State Resident
> ICQ 21106702

Dear David Daugherty,

AFAIK, the ports require the current " . " tag, ie tag=3D. (the period
MUST be included). They are supposed (well, most of the time ;-) to
work both in -release (or -stable) AND -current.

All this stuff is clearly explained in the handbook.
Please read it again *carefully* :-)

Best regards,
Salvo

N.B. myjokingdomain =3D=3D=3D> neomedia.it to e-mail to me.