Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:31:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Raimund Sacherer <rs@logitravel.com>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail && dhcp

Hi,=20

sorry to barge in so late, but I do not like to have sendmail or any daemon=
 which can listen on 25 running on my systems when it is not necessary, the=
refore I use DMA.=20

It doesn't run a deamon, rather when you send mail it stows them in a queue=
. Now the queue get's worked on, but when there is no internet connection i=
t should queue the mail (never tried it without internet connectivity thoug=
h).=20

You can then fire up your link and use dma -q (see man page) to send the qu=
eued email ...=20

This should be exactly what you want with very little system overhead / att=
ack surface, fast, small, simple.=20

Best,=20
Ray=20