Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 23:46:13 -0600
From:      Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   3ware or other ATA RAID?

I know FreeBSD support for the 3ware controllers is sketchy, I've read the
archives.  My original plan was to run FreeBSD with a 3ware 7500-8
controller and a stack of 250gb drives (mmm, storage!).  So my alternative
is to run Linux, or find another controller that works with BSD.

Any recommendations?  I need it to work; the marginal "it might rebuild
your array" types of things I'm hearing with BSD is scaring me, and I don't
like wondering if my 2TB array will fix itself without major work.  If BSD
supports a similar ATA RAID controller I'm definitely interested in hearing
about it (though I'd like BSD to just update the driver they have now, so
the one I want will work!), otherwise I may have to revert to Linux for my
database server, at least until SCO sues me for running it. *laugh* (See
slashdot if you have no clue about what I just said re SCO)

Cheers,
- Ralph