Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:42:25 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, adrian.chadd@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r306007 - head/sys/dev/iwm

On 2016-09-21 20:36, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> larry and I did some private debugging.
>
> The long and short of it is that his setup doesn't receive frames on
> antenna A, only on antenna B. Antenna A has like 50dB or more less
> signal:
>
> iwm0: energy In A -114 B -51 C -256 , and max -51
>
> So my guess is it's either not connected internally, or (like mine?)
> it's hooked up through a bluetooth switch that we're just plainly not
> setup right. On mine, A is active and B looks like the above (-114).
>
> Imre/etc, let's look at what iwlwifi/mvm does for default TX antenna
> config and default bluetooth config. I think it's wrong.
>
> I think our hard-coded antenna (1) is wrong, and I think the antenna
> alternating in the rate table is also wrong.
>
> -adrian
for the record, I've double checked the connections for the antennas on
the card, and they are connected
best I can tell.

If someone(tm) is here in the US, and wants me to send this laptop to
them for more debugging, I'm willing, as
long as I get it back when we're done.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281