Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:34:54 -0400
From:      "Josh Carroll" <josh.carroll@gmail.com>
To:        "Eric Kjeldergaard" <kjelderg@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
Subject:   Re: Status of MySQL on 7 w/o patches applied

> I was under the (incorrect?) impression that the debugging stuff would be
> turned off before release.  Prior to that, 7's primary purpose is for
> finding bugs before release and thus debugging options are useful.

I think all the user land debugging is turned off, though I'm not
sure. Is there anything else one needs to do to ensure optimal
performance (e.g. no debugging is enabled, etc) besides the following?

1. remove WITNESS/INVARIANTS/etc from the kernel
2. add WITHOUT_LIBKSE=yes to /etc/make.conf prior to building world
3. Ensure MALLOC_PRODUCTION is set in
/usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c (default in RELENG_7, right?)

Thanks,
Josh