Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:58:01 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        "Per olof Ljungmark" <peo@intersonic.se>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade of Mailman from ports fails: unable to set GID

I just portupgraded an instance of Mailman from 2.1b4 to 2.1.1 and, while I
was able to set the GID without a problem (sendmail MTA), I had this response
to both /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailman.sh start and mailmanctl:

eris# ./mailmanctl -s start
Site list is missing: mailman

I compared the files in /usr/local/mailman/bin with another machine that's
running 2.1b4 and I didn't find anything startlingly different --even the
Defaults.py and mm_cfg.py files were the same.

I ftp'd the mailmanctl file from the 2.1b4 server to the server with 2.1.1
installed, ran the mailman.sh start script and everything (appears, so far)
to be working fine.  Just to verify that it wasn't a portupgrade issue, I
pkg_delete'd mailman and built a fresh install; I got the same error on
starting mailmanctl with the file from 2.1.1.

Looks like 2.1.1 has some issues, has anyone gotten it to run out-of-the-box
from ports??

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT