Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:54:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, chuckr@telenix.org
Subject:   Re: which port for this job?

Chuck Robey wrote:
 > The last one I found, dia, was far simpler (enough so that I could use
 > it) but it produced gigantic pdf exports, which needed like a mosaid
 > of 5x5 printed sheets to view it, and no easy way tio shrink it.

Shrinking PDF files can be done with these commands:

$ pdf2ps huge.pdf huge.ps
$ psresize -W... -H... -w... -h... huge.ps sane.ps
$ ps2pdf sane.ps sane.pdf

psresize is part of the "psutils" port, and pdf2ps and ps2pdf
come from ghostscript.  Please see the psresize(1) manual page
for details about the options.

Of course, all text is shrunk along with the document, so it
might become too small (i.e. unreadable).

Best regards
   Oliver

"That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier,
and complex tasks impossible."
        -- John William Chambless