Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 08:56:18 -0700
From:      danj@netcom.com (Dan Janowski)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE hard error

I have a Seagate 1.2GB IDE (a Conner drive, a la acquisition),
the kernel is generating the following message:

wd0s1e: hard error reading fsbn 34192 of 34176-34303 (wd0s1 bn 611728; cn 606 tn 13 sn 61)wd0: status 59<seekdone,drq,err> error 40<uncorr>

This is a bad block, I assume. Are not IDE drives suppoed to
handle badblocks internally? If so, is this driver bad?
If not, what am I supposed to do to mark the badblock?
BTW, This is a brand new drive, the first Conner/Seagate had
a bad controller, yikes!

All input is much appreciated.

Dan