Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:59:57 +0000
From:      Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Windows XP

Can anyone help me running Windows 5.1 (XP) as a VM under FreeBSD?

bhyve doesn't support anything older than Vista, and I'm unclear as to
whether it supports 32-bit versions of that. I tried compiling
Virtualbox a while back, but after a few days it was still going so I
put it on the back burner. It wasn't clear how I'd get a Windows XP
image on it anyway.

So what's the best way to do this? I need it to run various Windows
32-bit utilities, USB related (e.g. dongle servers, USB connected
hardware &c). I do have site-licensed Windows XP disks. Not to mention
DOS software!

Thanks, Frank.