Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:22:28 +0200
From:      Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Subject:   Re: ports tree broken with cycling dependencies

On Friday 14 September 2007 18:43:06 Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:35:29 +0300 Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> It seems that after todays portsnap (1 hour ago) my port tree is
>> broken by having cycling dependencies.
>> Example:
>> /usr/ports/graphics/cairo$ make all-depends-list | grep pango
>> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango
>> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango$ make all-depends-list | grep cairo
>> /usr/ports/graphics/cairo
>>
>> I think the root cause is that x11/xorg-libraries port has (run)
>> dependency on x11/pixman port which has a (auto-detected) dependency
>> USE_GNOME+=gtk20 where gtk20 port, of course, has a dependency on
>> xorg-libraries.
>
> It has been already discussed a couple of times. The port was updated
> (gtk20). Re-cvsup your ports, please.

Since the problem hasn't been solved yet and everybody keeps repeating
themselves I'm beginning to think my email went lost somewhere. I
received it via the mailing list though, but whathever...

Somebody just needs to remove the line that says USE_XPM=yes in the
gtk20 Makefile. That's the line that brings in a dependency on the
xorg-libraries port. It's no longer needed because the dependency on
the xpm library is now handled via USE_XORG.