Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:22:20 +0300
From:      Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Bryce Edwards <bryce@bryce.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SuperMicro i7 (UP) - very slow performance

--mW9eGbZzDIYYWqGs

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 08:32:32AM -0500, Bryce Edwards wrote:
> I have a Supermicro with the C7X58 motherboard and an i7 930 cpu, and
> it is nowhere near the performance it should be.  A buildworld just
> took 22.5 hours!
I use 5046A-XB with i7-930 as home workstation, running latest RELENG_8,
and I do not have the problem you noted. My BIOS is v1.1, USB legacy is
enabled.

I did noted one issue with hw, built-in firewire controller generated
too high interrupt rate, so I usually do not load firewire.ko unless
needed.