Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2014 18:58:10 -0800
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <freebsd-hackers@chrisbowman.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

Steven,
Thank you for the response. This had no discernible impact.  Booting hung at=
 the same exact point.=20

Christopher

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 30, 2014, at 6:30 AM, Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk> wro=
te:
>=20
> Not sure if is the same board but we've had to use the following to avoid a=
 stall at a similar point on some machines:
>=20
> set hint.atkbdc.0.disabled=3D1
> set hint.atkbd.0.disabled=3D1
> boot
>=20
>=20
>> On 30/11/2014 12:52, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:
>> I have a pretty stock Intel DP35DP board with and E8400 Core2Duo and the l=
atest BIOS off the Intel website.  This board runs 7.1 and 8.4 fine.  Howeve=
r neither 9.1 nor 10.1 will boot the AMD64 memstick kernel beyond the =E2=80=
=9CTimecounters tick every 1.000 msec=E2=80=9C section of probing.  It wedge=
s hard after that line and you have to pus the reset button.  I=E2=80=99ve t=
ried turning off ACPI in the boot loader.  That does not work.  I=E2=80=99ve=
 tried turning on and off most of the options in the BIOS that seem like the=
y might impact things and none of those have worked.  Does anyone have any s=
uggestions?  Is anyone running this board under 9.x or 10.x?  I can make thi=
s system available to anyone in the bay area if you=E2=80=99re looking for a=
 project.  Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.  If I=E2=80=99=
ve sent this to the wrong list, please let me know privately.