Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ricky <rickyc@chevalier.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot use modem and telnet server

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Ricky wrote:

> Dear Sirs, Madams,
> 	I've installed FreeBSD ver.2.2.2 on my Compaq's Prolinea 433 personne
> computer. Everything seems fine, however, I got some problems about connect
> through my modem. My setting about three files-rc.serial, ttys and
> gettytab.

See the dialin section in the Handbook for instructions on setting this
up.

> My modem is Hayes Accura 288 connected to COM2. The modem setted to auto
> answer and it can answer comming call and at the remote screen saw many
> garbage, I set the remote terminal V102 and I pressed [Enter] or [Break]
> and nothing happed. I can not dial out because I don't know what program I
> can use.

Try `cu -l /dev/cuaa1'.

> Another probem is when I use NT4's Telnet program to login my BSD telnet
> server, display "BSD host inetd[233]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

See the errata on the Web pages or FTP site for instructions on how to fix
this.  The default /etc/login.class is improper and you need to grab a new
one from the source file.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo