Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 1995 15:48:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD WWW survey

> Greetings!
>
> In an ongoing effort to improve the usefulness of the FreeBSD WWW
> pages, I am conducting a survey.  If you have used the FreeBSD
> WWW pages, a few moments of your time to answer the questions
> below will be greatly appreciated.  If you have not visited the
> FreeBSD WWW pages, you may visit http://www.freebsd.org/ for a
> quick tour and then answer the survey questions.
>
> There are two types of questions:
>
>    A. Multiple choice - either place a mark by the appropriate
>       answer, or delete the inappropriate answers.
>
>    B. Short answer - just type in your response below the
>       question.
>
> Please address all responses to jfieber@freebsd.org or
> jfieber@indiana.edu.  No mail headers from your answer will be kept with
> the survey data. (or kept at all for that matter...)
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> John Fieber

> A. Familiarity:
>
>    1. How would you rate your familiarity with Unix?
>
>       A. Never heard of it
>       B. Know what it is
>       C. A new user
>       D. A casual user
>       E. Experienced
>       F. System Administrator
>       G. Kernel hacker
>
>    2. How would you rate your experience with the Web?
>
>       A. Never heard of it
>       B. Know what it is
>       C. A new user
>       D. A casual user
>       E. Experienced
>       F. Webmaster
>
>    3. How would you rate your experience with Internet?
>
>       A. Never heard of it
>       B. Know what it is
>       C. A new user
>       D. A casual user
>       E. Experienced
>       F. Service Provider
>    4. How did you learn about FreeBSD?
from 386BSD from CGD at the UCB BSD 4.4 course

>    5. How did you find the FreeBSD homepage?
saw it being committed

>    6. Do you think FreeBSD is adequately publicized?

no

> B. Useability/Ease of use:
>
>    1. Do you find this "homepage" easy to use?
>
>       A. Excellent
>       B. Good
>       C. Satisfactory
>       D. Difficult
>
>    2. Do you find the organization of this page easy to grasp?
>
>       A. Excellent
>       B. Good
>       C. Satisfactory
>       D. Difficult
>
>    3. Are you able navigate through the pages easily?
>
>       A. Yes
>       B. No
>       C. Yes except... (comment)
ok and getting better

>    4. What is your opinion of the efficiency of the organization of
>       this data?
could be better but I can't quite say how..

>    5. If you were explaining this Web site to a new user, how would
>       you:
>
>       A. warn them
tell then it's all there, but that they may have to search to find
what they want...
(also that it's still being written)
>       B. reassure them
>
>    6. Do you feel like this is wasteful of your time or an efficient
>       use of time?
what the questionare?
web site is useful

needs MAN-PAGES for -current and latest release..
also links to entire CURRENT source tree. so people can see if a particular
bug has been fixed, etc...

>    7. Was it as difficult as you would expect, considering your
>       experience level?

ok