Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:52:09 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting ordb.org to stop spam with sendmail

I am interested in getting my server to bounce mail from open relays.

I have been to the ordb.org site. I have added the suggested line
to my mc files;

FEATURE(`dnsbl', `relays.ordb.org', ` "550 Email rejected due to sending server
misconfiguration - see http://www.ordb.org/faq/\#why_rejected"')dnl

I am using sendmail 8.12.9/8.12.6
I of course recompiled the .mc files, and restarted sendmail.

I have tried to test that it is working by adding;

127.0.0.2              29.66.188.209.relays.ordb.org

to my /etc/hosts file, as my ip address is 209.188.66.299

I am still not getting a bounce. I am not seeing anything in /var/maillog

I am looking for a clue as to how to get more info to get this working,
either via a tip from someone, or how I can crank up my logging
to maillog to give me more info. A website that goes into
more depth would be helpful, if anyone knows one.