Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:06:15 +0900
From:      Rob Lahaye <lahaye@snu.ac.kr>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mozilla-devel

Hi,

I couldn't find the Maintainer for mozilla-devel, so I communicate this
problem to mozilla Maintainer instead:

"make" in the mozilla-devel port ends in the configuring part with:

[...]
checking for xft... gnome-config: not found
gnome-config: not found
Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'
No package 'xft' found

configure: error: Library requirements (xft) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
       Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
       the "/usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel/work/mozilla/config.log" including the
       output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
       to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
       `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mozilla-devel.

---------

I suppose the dependency check is incomplete. The absence of xft and gnome-config
should have been detected in an earlier stage!

BTW: why do I need gnome with mozilla. I'm not a GNOME or KDE user (I've got another
nice WM), but I have gtk toolkit installed. Should be enough, if I'm not using the
GNOME WM, I hope. I don't want to pull-in all the gnome stuff, only for mozilla....

Regards,
Rob.