Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:42:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, dougb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named.conf restored to hint zone for the root by default

Hi,

Just for the record, I like the current solution, i.e.
default being a "hint" zone, and slave zones being
commented out, ready to be used for those who know
what they're doing.

However, I noticed that the "refresh" interval of the
root zone is 1800, i.e. it would be fetched every 30
minutes, even though the zone seems to be updated at
most once per day.  Therefore, wouldn't it make sense
to add the following option to the slave zones?

        min-refresh-time 86400;

Best regards
   Oliver

"Perl will consistently give you what you want,
unless what you want is consistency."
        -- Larry Wall