Date:      28 Feb 2003 17:43:42 +0100
From:      Jukka Simila <home@jukkis.net>
To:        huver@amgraf.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.8 PreRelease problems

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 16:42, Huver wrote:
> BTW, I made the mistake of cvsup'ing to RELENG_4 from a 4.6.2, thinking I
> was updating to 4.7, now I'll have to back down to 4.7+post-patches.  I'm
> entering a reqeust now: in the future, "pre-release" be made a new, short-
> lived branch (delete it after the release is cut), but OFF the stable branch.

mmm.. I think you have mistaken about the branching thingie badly..
(which is such a complicated thing that I'm not going to explain it, I'd
just make too many mistakes. I'll leave that to the experts :)

Afaik, you have never been able to get 4.7 by cvsupping RELENG_4, except
for a very short period around the date of 4.7-release.