Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 09:13:17 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@via-net-works.net.ar>
To:        tpatel@ecpi.com (Tushar Patel)
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: POP3 server with SSL

If they are really few you can use SSH port forwarding.
Create an account named, say, ssh on your machine and give it a shell
like /bin/cat. Firewall your machine so you can't receive POP3 via
ethernet.
All that clients must do is stablish an SSH session to your machine and
use the ssh account to login. Then they must set up a forwarding like -L
110:your.ip.address:110 and configure their POP3 client to use localhost
as the POP3 server.

Hope this helps! Regards.

En un mensaje anterior, Tushar Patel escribió:
> Hi,
>
> We need to allow few people to access their pop3 e-mail over
> secure connection.
> Is there a way to run pop3 server with SSL support?
> Any pointers will be good help.
>
> Thanks,
> Tushar
> tpatel @ ecpi.com

Fernando P. Schapachnik
Administración de la red
VIA Net Works Argentina SA
Diagonal Roque Sáenz Peña 971, 4º y 5º piso.
1035 - Capital Federal, Argentina.
(54-11) 4323-3333
http://www.via-net-works.net.ar