Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 14:57:41 +0200
From:      "Thomas" <true@vol.at>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   kernel compiling problem

Hi,

I'm new to FreeBSD and tried to compile a new kernel as it is described in
the FreeBSD-handbook.
But when i try "make depent" after "config KERNELNAME" (works correctly)
there are several errors like perl5 ... /u not found,...
I have installed FreeBSD 4.3 RELEASE with /bin and /usr/src/sys.

I tried to compile a kernel with a copy of unmodified GENERIC but it doesn't
work, same error at "make depend".

What can/should I do?

Thomas