Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:27:11 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Brian <bri@sonicboom.org>
Cc:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new release

> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:54:49 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Brian <bri@sonicboom.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Hmm, thats news to me, I believe I will try it then.  I have a notebook
> with a 3com nic, and would love to use bsd instead of redhat.

It would be news to Warner and the PAO folks in Japan working on
getting CardBus support working, too.

I suspect you are confusing CardBus (32-bit) support with the older
PCIC (16-bit) interface. 16 bit cards are pretty well supported under
4.1 but 32-bit is only available in current (5.0) and is NOT ready for
prime time. Last I heard on mobile, it was a matter of months before
the NEWCARD code would be ready for general use.

For the latest information on these issues, read the freebsd-mobile
archives and/or subscribe to that list.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)