Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:11:40 -0600
From:      David Alanis <canito@dalan.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asterisk-addons FreeBSD 7.0 :(

Good Day:

I just recently converted to FreeBSD and convinced my highly religious =20
(Gentoo) friend over as well. However, the ride has not been as smooth =20
as I would have liked. To make this story short, here is my late =20
Christmas wish-list regarding the lack-of documentation on the =20
installation of packages on FreeBSD. Ah yeah, and in the process, I am =20
hoping to get help, pointers, or some type of recognition for =20
converting to the wonderful world of BSD! Please note, part of the =20
wish list comes with a bit of a Gentoo Linux bias having make.conf, =20
package.use, package.keywords, along with the USE=3D"" flags so readily =20
available.

Wish-list

1.) Documentation about customization optimization-flags/configure =20
options (including which system files/location/make.conf may need to =20
be edited???? when building packages from ports (we did discover =20
portconf, but is this it?)

2.) We are also big into VoIP and just realized that FreeBSD 7.0 will =20
not build asterisk-addons on our home/production servers. So after =20
losing a ton of sleep we are now having to revert back to FreeBSD 6.2. =20
In short, can anyone fill us in to which FreeBSD distribution is =20
"known" to work splendid with the asterisk family?

Thank you for your time,
FreeBSD rocks!
David A.