Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 1998 12:48:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@jaguar.ir.miami.edu>
To:        Gledson Elias da Silveira <ges@di.ufpe.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VLSM

As far as I know it does.  Of course, routed uses RIP by default, so VLSM
won't buy you much.  However, later versions of FreeBSD's routed support
RIPv2.  Static routes to VLSM networks should work just fine.  The route
add command should know which network is attached to which interface (if
they're locally attached networks).  If you need to route out to other
networks, make sure that those networks are configured correctly in
/etc/networks.

Joe Clarke