Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:08:20 +0200
From:      Marcel Dijk <nascar24@home.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [line-in recording woes]

Hello all,

I am trying to record my old tapes on the PC but I have recording troubles.

The tapedeck is hooked up to the line-in of the SBlive. With xmixer I
set the volumes right and the  proper recording "device" (line-in). But
when I try to record anything with xwav, mhwaveedit I get an empty wave
file. It records nothing. Needless to say I hear the sound of the tape
throught the speakers.

I am using FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE and an SBlive.

Hopefully any of you can help,

Marcel.