Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:15:33 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Packages and dependencies...

In follow-up to my own post... using the same example for amavisd-new, a
"make all-depends-list" show an impressive:

archivers/arc
archivers/cabextract
archivers/freeze
archivers/lha
archivers/lzo
archivers/lzop
archivers/p5-Archive-Tar
archivers/p5-Archive-Zip
archivers/p5-Compress-Zlib
archivers/p5-IO-Zlib
archivers/rpm2cpio
archivers/unarj
archivers/unrar
archivers/zoo
converters/libiconv
converters/p5-Convert-BinHex
converters/p5-Convert-TNEF
converters/p5-Convert-UUlib
converters/p5-MIME-Base64
databases/db3
databases/p5-BerkeleyDB
devel/gettext
devel/gmake
devel/libtool13
devel/libtool15
devel/p5-IO-String
devel/p5-IO-stringy
dns/p5-Net-DNS
lang/perl5.8
mail/p5-MIME-Tools
mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
mail/p5-Mail-Tools
mail/razor-agents
net/p5-Net-Server
net/p5-URI
security/p5-Digest-HMAC
security/p5-Digest-SHA1
sysutils/p5-Unix-Syslog
www/p5-HTML-Parser
www/p5-HTML-Tagset

(I removed the prefix of /usr/ports/ for brevity)

Now, with this in mind - is there some automated means, using the ports
system, that I can package up all of these dependencies as well to be
installed before the amavisd-new package.

(bear with me, I'm a little new to this)

The other problem package I see is SpamAssassin and ClamAV, with their
dependencies.

Now, I suppose I could take a really bizarre route and install all the
dependency libraries under our special directory /opt/dirname-1.0 - but
that could get really messy.

Suggestions/feedback welcomed.

Thanks.