Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:51:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michal Listos <mcl@Amnesiac.123.org>
To:        "Schuder, Rick" <rick_schuder@merck.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C905B NICs

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Schuder, Rick wrote:

> Anyone have a driver for 3Com's 3C905B network cards?  The supported
> configuration area says freebsd will support 3Com 3c90x.  However, when I go
> to /stand/sysinstall, configure, network, interface...I don't see an
> ethernet device, rather lp0 is shown (which is some kind of parallel laplink
> device).  I'm currently running an older version of FreeBSD 2.2.5.
I believe that vx driver should work for it.

>From man 4 vx:

DESCRIPTION
     The vx driver provides support for the 3Com 3c590 and 3c595 EtherLink III
     and Fast EtherLink III PCI Ethernet cards in 10 Mbps mode.

HISTORY
     The vx device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1.  It was derived from
     the ep driver, from which it inherits most of its limitations.

						Michal

* God used fork() to create Eve.