Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:54:15 +0100
From:      Christoph Mathys <cmathys@bluewin.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   USB hot-plug / standby-problems on IBM A31

Hello

I just installed FreeBSD 4.7 on a ibm a31 laptop. almost everything
works I 've tried up to now: sound, ethernet, wlan, graphics, usb-mice.
but is possible to plug in and let the system detect the usb-mice after
the system started up? until now I didn't have any success with this.
also if the notebooks switches to standby, the usb-mice doesn't work any
more after the notebook is up again.
and yet another problem with standby: X can't be directly resumed. I have to switch to a virtual terminal first, and then I can swicht to X. any sugestions?

thx for any help!

Christoph

PS please include me in replies because I'm not on the list.