Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:46:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Aaron Wohl <freebsd@soith.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pptp mpd under 5.0

Aaron Wohl writes:
| Im trying to run pptp under 5.0 -current.  (first time with mpd so
| probably some config issue)
|
| I get these errors:
| mpd: pid 1102, version 3.13 (root@pasodoble.chessclub.com 09:35
| 17-Mar-2003)
| [pptp0] can't create socket node: No such file or directory
| mpd: local IP address for PPTP is 10.23.0.3
| [pptp0] using interface
| [pptp1] can't create socket node: No such file or directory
| [pptp1] using interface
|
| I tried running mpd under truss to see what its trying to access... im
| guessing its missing a tun0 or ng0 or some such from /dev, whats the
| replacement for MAKDEV to mkae them? ... and I cant seem to get truss to
| run at all on any program...
| bash-2.05b# truss mpd
| truss: cannot open /proc/curproc/mem: No such file or directory
| truss: cannot open /proc/1107/mem: No such file or directory
| bash-2.05b#

Just a hint.  /sys/modules/netgraph/mppc/Makefile and take out the
stuff about rc4.  When rc4 was made into a module this needed to
be removed from mppc.  This was done around 5.0 in -current but I forget
if it was in 5.0 or not.  I did fix this in -current.

Then again you might have a totally different problem.  I do have it
working in -current (for some value of current).

Doug A.