Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:48:02 +0200
From:      Volker Kindermann <freebsd@secspace.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CF card & pcmcia adapter issues

> I'm trying to get a CF card recognised by FreeBSD (uname -a attached)
>
> The card is a Dane-elec 64MB
>
> I get the infamous pccardd "driver allocation failed" when pluging the
> card.

do you have other Operating Systems on that laptop? Shut the machine
down (real shutdown, now hibernation or suspend or so. Wait 20 seconds
and power on the laptop. Boot straight into FreeBSD. Did you get the
error again?

I suggest this because I have a similar problem, if I used the CF Card
with OpenBSD and rebooted FreeBSD (without shutdown). The method above
worked for me.

Ref:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/troubleshoot.html#NULL-NULL

 -volker

--
Please don't cc me: I read the lists and don't need your message twice
:-)