Date:      Sun, 26 Oct 1997 01:12:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        joe@pavilion.net (Josef Karthauser)
Cc:        dcarmich@mcs.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for digital recording w/PCI multitrack in/out cards?

> > What multitrack recording software exists for FreeBSD?
>
> If someone could write a silicon graphics emulation we could all run
> cubase and dump our pcs :)
> (Now _that_ would be a nice christmas present.)

Processor emulation for SGI would require a MIPS emulation package,
an execution class loader, and the ability to open files that were
executable but not readable or writeable in order to map them into
the emulator's address space.

You can download a MIPS emulator (SPIM) from the net.  I would be
happy to help get an emulation running, but you'd probrably have to
start with NetBSD MIPS binaries and work your way up...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.