Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:29:17 +1000
From:      Dewayne Geraghty <dewayne.geraghty@heuristicsystems.com.au>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for dns/bind910 pkg-message

On 21/04/2014 1:41 AM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +--On 20 avril 2014 11:18:35 -0400 Chris Ross <cross+freebsd@distal.com>
> wrote:
> |
> |   The pkg-message in dns/bind910 (actually, bind9*) includes text about
> | setting up a chroot environment, and configuring rdns.  At the end, it
> | says:
> |
> |> The /etc/rc.d/named script in the base will do both for you.
> |
> |   In FreeBSD 10, this is not true.  There is no /etc/rc.d/named script.
> | I think this message should be adjusted so that it doesn't display
> | misinformation on a FreeBSD 10 system (perhaps just by changing it's
> | wording, as I don't know that there's a way in ports to do conditional
> | messages, but).
>
> Yes, I know, but before removing it, I'm still pondering on adding back the
> chroot support to BIND on FreeBSD >= 10.

Mathieu,
Would it be possible to also reconsider adding an etc/rc.d/named script
into the port.  It would certainly help those that build their world
WITHOUT_BIND=yes in /etc/src.conf, because they know that they're going
to use the port version, in my case no a 9.2 Stable.

Copying /usr/src/etc/rc.d/named makes the packages distribution process
feel a little incomplete.

Regards, Dewayne.