Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2017 15:46:48 -0400
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Non-synaptics (IntelliMouse) touchpads

--w8nLMJpTExfP7s9lpq4TCxBf8kRD3mtbi
From: Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To: x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org,
 "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>

--HbUdAnDHRQDqAVhoCo6ppGrJglK6jreIp

I am trying to figure out whether I need to modify the psm device driver
in order to support the touchpad on my laptop (it's one of Purism's
Librems, in case anyone is wondering).  Specifically, I'm trying to get
the two-finger scrolling to work.

The touchpad is fully supported on Linux.  Based on output from the
Linux driver (with extra debugging messages I added in), the touchpad
seems to be treated as an IntelliMouse and handled as if it were a
wheel-mouse, not a synaptics touchpad.  This leads me to believe that
the two-finger scrolling must be handled either in the hardware, or in
the Linux driver, and appears to X11 as wheel events (rather than a
synaptics multitouch event).

Are there any existing supported touchpads that work this way, and if
so, where can I find the configurations for them?