Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 04:05:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting rid of the console (text-mode AND x11) beep?

Where should I look in the kernel to silence the BEEPs produced by text
and X11 programs?  Ideally, I'd like to replace the beep with something
coming out of my soundcard (say, a WAV or AU file, or even playing a tone
using the FM synth), but if that can't be done, I'll take the quick hack
of disabling the sound altogether.  Can anyone help?

Not sure if I'm subscribed to the hackers list, so please respond by
email if at all possible.  thanks!

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 // FAX 564-2315 // WWW http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~dburr
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **