Date:      14 Jan 2001 22:26:52 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: linux kld segfault in 5.0-current ...

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> got it ... had to do a 'make -k install' fo rlinux_base, deinstall, then
> reinstall again (that libtermcap thing) ... and now linux appears to ;load
> without SegFaulting ...

'rm -rf /compat/linux' between the first deinstall and the reinstall
would probably have licked it. It sounds to me like a lib got
corrupted, causing ldconfig to segfault; the deinstall didn't remove
it (because it doesn't remove files that don't match the md5 checksum
recorded in /var/db/pkg), rpm didn't overwrite it when you tried to
reinstall, and the post-install script probably tried to run ldconfig,
which again segfaulted due to a corrupt lib.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org