Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:12:19 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Felipe Garcia <bsd@usis.usemb.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Star Office (was Re: Applixware)

Felipe Garcia:
 |Any chance of how to install it under FreeBSD I have tried and just get Seg
 |fault everytime I try to run it.

Doesn't sound like you're running an ELF-capable version of FreeBSD.  Might
check that you're on a 2.2 version.

I don't remember having to do anything slick.  They've got this
"interesting" setup.StarOffice script/binary where the top part of the file
runs as a shell script and extracts the binary from the bottom part of the
file and runs it.  That seemed to work OK.

But in order to see the README, you'll want to put a file called "more" in
. (or somewhere in your path before the system more) that has this in it:

#!/bin/sh
shift
exec less $*

since the FreeBSD more doesn't support -d.  Other than that, I don't
remember any real snags except you'll need one of the Linux Motifs.  I got
mine off a Linux friend that didn't want his anymore.

Randall