Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:56:16 -0800
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        Hanspeter Roth Bsag <roth@bsag.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stable vs. beta

Although what you have is called 4.2-BETA (don't forget to read the
releast notes), what you're getting is the latest source in the
RELENG_4 branch.  Thus, 4.2-BETA can be thought of as 4.1.1-STABLE
plus (bug fixes going into 4.2) + (new features for 4.2).  Don't be
confused by the BETA tag; you're still getting "stable" source.

There was a good discussion of this on the list yesterday.  Please
check the archives at freebsd.org before we get into this again.

Cheers - Erick