Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:21:38 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removal of Disklabel

In message <200011212157.QAA21696@world.std.com> Kenneth W Cochran writes:
: 1.  I find BSD fdisk complex & unwieldy.  I like the fdisk
:     tools in Slackware Linux, specifically fdisk & cfdisk;
:     Slackware's fdisk works enough like that in M$, SCO &
:     Interactive (remember that? :) to be Reasonably
:     Familiar.  So, when I need to lay-out a hdd, I usually
:     use the Slackware tools, but also PartitionMagic,
:     depending on What I'm Trying To Do.  Then I change the
:     type indicator for BSD.  Maybe some kind of "port" of
:     Slackware's fdisk/cfdisk might be in order?

I have a partial port of OpenBSD's fdisk, and it is much, much nicer.
I also have a partial port of disklabel -E, but both of these have
rotted so much they don't even compile any more.

Warner