Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:35:30 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>, Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>, Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: Color ls

[.....]
> > What we want to do is have TERM=xterm be the same as xterm-color
> > is now.
[.....]
I wrote:
> Despite being against ls -G, I'd certainly advocate this change...
> I'm surprised this hasn't already been done.  The never-to-be-committed
> evil is ``alias ls="ls -G"'' in /etc/profile !

Let me retract that (it's been a long day!).  As Mike Smith points
out, if FreeBSD's xterm can do color, it should be setting TERM to
color-xterm.
--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>