Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 02:18:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@haven.uniserve.com>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Buslogic?

> bt0: Bt946C/ 0-PCI/EISA/VLB(32bit) bus
> bt0: reading board settings, busmastering, int=11
> bt0: version 4.25J, async only, parity, 32 mbxs, 32 ccbs
>
>   Appears to be firmware 4.25J.... don't know about the BIOS version
> until I get a chance to fiddle with it tommorrow.

FWIW, I have 6 Bt946 controllers lying about the place.  5 of them are
4.21, the last revisions I got from Buslogic.  The 6th is a very
recently purchased one with 4.25J.  Not only does it not work, but an
attached Quantum Empire 2100 will even spin down when the controller
probes it!  It doesn't do this with any of the other 2-3 I've tested.
Very odd.

Anyway, it's going back to the store.  It could be a failure of this
one board and it could be a failure of the whole lineage.  Shit
happens.

					Jordan