Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2014 11:23:45 +0900
From:      Steve N <mdicws21@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Virtio_pci Problems

Dear Experts,=20
I set up virtualized environment using Free BSD 9.2 as a guest OS on Linux H=
ypervisor as a host and attempted to communicate using virtio_pci.=20
I have a couple of questions on this environment.
1) I'd like to know the degree of completion of virtio_pci driver. Are any p=
roducts already offered in markets? If you know an example of some products i=
n the marketplace using virtio_pci working on virtualized Free BSD with Linu=
x hypervisor.=20
 2) When I measured a transmission speed under the environment above, I got t=
he results of 904 Mbps for TCP and 327 Mbps for UDP. I'd like to isolate the=
 cause of this issue. I mean this is caused either by my environment or by d=
river's well-known problem. Have you ever experienced such a case that the p=
erformance of UDP is much worse than that of TCP?=20
Thank you in advance for your support.=20