Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:09:42 +0700
From:      "Vadim Goncharov" <vadimnuclight@tpu.ru>
To:        "Jeremie Le Hen" <jeremie@le-hen.org>, "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [fbsd] [patch] ipfw packet tagging

21.06.06 @ 16:41 Jeremie Le Hen wrote:

> Looking at the patch lets me see that you are using the generic mbuf
> tags.  This means the tag should be available along the packet's
> trip through the kernel.  Would it be possible to slightly modify
> the routing code in order to make those tags a routing criteria ?
>
> Julian Elischer also has a neat patch that modifies the ipfw table
> but he hasn't provided it so far [1].
>
> [1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-May/010563.html

The ipfw packet tagging patch was committed to src tree and will be MFCed
to RELENG_6 about this weekend. I am currently working on ng_tag(4)
netgraph node which could deal with tags (see
http://antigreen.org/vadim/freebsd/ng_tag/) - I think, in theory it is
possible to tag-based routing inside netgraph onto netgraph interfaces.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov