Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with VAIO R505ES and stable

I have two problems with an R505ES under 4.6-stable
(and worse with current :-(

1. The imbedded wireless "card" is recognized but gets timeouts.
   I presume I could probably fix this with suitable IRQ reassignments
   but don't know just how to go about this in a machine with 3 pc
   card controllers.

2. X won't run, because AGP Gart won't work (comes up device not configured).
   This is with an 830 chipset, which is recognized in current but apparently
   not in stable.  Also the default X -configure output doesn't contain
   the loads for xaa or ddc, giving mysterious messages about
   unresolved symbols (this last is easy enough to fix but required
   a bit of probing with "nm" to figure out what to load).

Current won't boot at all...

-- Pete