Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:12:51 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Toma Vailikit <toma@nutz.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating /usr/ports

Toma Vailikit wrote:

> The only real complaint I have is installing from /usr/ports. When
> things get updated it breaks on the install. How do I update the
> /usr/ports structure so things don't break during the file gets and
> installs because my side is looking for "older" versions which don't
> exist on remote systems anymore?

Well, you don't make your problem very clear.  If you keep your
/usr/ports directory up-to-date with CVSup, you should rarely
see these problems though.  Please check then Handbook section
about CVSup for more details, or look at the CVSup files under
/usr/share/examples/cvsup.

--
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /